Help and FAQs
Why should I buy from Bookaholics?
Bookaholics is different to other online and retail bookstores because:
- We love books and reading!
- Our books are award winners, bestsellers, reader picks or recommended by or to us.
- Our small size makes our service personal.
- We only sell items related to books and reading.
- We hold a huge range of reading and book-related items.
- The majority of our stock is held in-house so books are generally dispatched on the day that they are ordered.
- We charge minimum postage and we ensure your package is waterproof.
- Multiple items are sent for the same amount of postage and purchases over $50.00 are posted free.
- We gift-wrap for the low price of $3.00 per package regardless of size or number of items.
We’ll also happily search for any book you can’t find on Bookaholics. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or you’d like a book in a different cover or format (hardcover, paperback) then we can provide you with the various options.
You’re sure to find something you love at Bookaholics!
How do I find the item I want?
Find books by browsing the categories (right-hand side) or enter keywords in the Search box on the top-left of the screen.
Using our search function
You can enter keywords or you can enter the title, author or ISBN number in the Search box then click the Search button. Refine your search results by selecting a filter from the Filter by box.
Still can’t find it
If you still can't find what you're looking for, please contact us. We'll do our best to locate it for you from our international network of suppliers and can usually get back to you within 24 hours.
How do I place an order?
Add items to your shopping basket
- Search for an item you want to purchase.
- Click the Add to Basket button next to the item to add it to your shopping basket.
- You’ll be taken to the Shopping Basket page. Purchase more of the same item by changing the number in the Qty box then click Update.
- Remove items by clicking the box below the bin icon to the right of the item. Click Update.
- Click Back to Shopping to continue shopping.
- View your shopping basket any time by clicking the View Basket link near the top-right of the page.
Checkout and submit your order
- When you’ve finished shopping, carefully review your shopping basket then click Go to Checkout.
- If you haven’t logged in you’ll be asked to login or create an account.
- If you wish to change the delivery address, click Change your Address. You can add up to five different addresses but ensure you select the correct address here.
- Add any delivery instructions and notes for us in the Special Instructions box.
- When you’re happy with your delivery options click Continue to Checkout.
- Select your payment method then click Continue to Checkout.
- Review your order and click Edit if you need to change anything.
- When you’re happy with everything click Confirm the Order button.
- Your order is submitted for processing and you’ll be asked to enter your payment information.
- You’ll receive an order confirmation email and your order will be listed in My Account
Can I get a present gift-wrapped?
Gift wrapping costs NZD $3.00 per gift.
Just select a wrapping option from the Gift Wrap category and add it to your shopping basket. You can also add a message when selecting your gift wrap. This is included on a card with your gift. You can specify the recipient’s address during the checkout process.
Multiple items can be wrapped together for $3.00. Multiple items that need to be wrapped separately will be charged separately ($3.00 per gift). Ensure that you select gift-wrapping for each gift. Use the Special Instructions box to let us know how you’d like us to wrap items.
And don’t worry we only send the packing slip with deliveries, so no-one will see the price of the gift.
Can I view or change my order?
Checking your order status
Check the status of your order by logging into Bookaholics and clicking on My Account in the black Shopping Basket area.
Changing your order
You can change your order and any details at any time before the items have been dispatched. Just contact us. Please be aware that we process orders quickly if the item is in stock. If the item has been dispatched, unfortunately we can’t change it.
However most items can be returned for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of shipping. They must be in new condition, factory sealed and unused. Please return the item with a copy of the order confirmation email you received when placing your order and the reason it has been returned. For your protection, you may wish to send your return via insured parcel post.
What are my payment options?
The following payment methods can be used
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard)
- Bank Transfer (details are emailed when your order is placed)
- Cheque (details are emailed when your order is placed)
Payment method details are provided at the checkout.
If you choose to pay by bank transfer or cheque, your order will be processed when payment appears in our bank account. This can take up to two working days.
Is GST included?
All prices include GST.
Is it safe to use my credit card online?
We use Payment Express through Westpac. This is a world class payment gateway specialising in Ecommerce and EFTPOS solutions. It's trusted by a huge number of websites in New Zealand and worldwide. For more information refer to their website at http://www.paymentexpress.com/about.html.
Can I email my credit card details?
Bookaholics values your security. Please do not email us your credit card details.
What about delivery and costs?
Bookaholics charges a flat rate of $5 per order for delivery to any New Zealand address. Orders over $50 in value are posted free within New Zealand.
We can send your order overseas. Postage to Australia is $10 for the first item and then $5 each for each additional item. Postage to all other countries is $25 for the first item and then $15 each for each additional item.
All stocked items are marked either IN STOCK or have an estimated delivery time. We hold the majority of our stock in-house so most goods are shipped within one day of the order being placed.
Sometimes we may temporarily run out of stock. If this happens, we’ll notify you and provide a new expected delivery period. You have the option to cancel your order and receive a full refund.
We use CourierPost for most of our deliveries but we may occasionally use NZ Post. Both carriers deliver to street addresses and P.O boxes.
Below are our target delivery times. Please note that these are not guaranteed:
· Orders to residential addresses should arrive by 12.00 noon on the second working day
· Orders to rural delivery addresses should arrive within 2 – 4 working days
NZ Post Standard Mail
· Orders within Auckland should arrive between 1 – 3 days
· Orders to all other areas should arrive between 2 – 4 days
Please contact us if your order does not arrive within the given delivery timeframe.
We’ll dispatch items separately if there’s going to be a delay of more than a few days in receiving all items. For example, if your order contains one book which arrives in 5-10 days and another which arrives in 3-5 weeks, there will be two separate shipments at no extra cost to you.
Collecting items from Bookaholics
Unfortunately this is not available at the moment. We hope to offer this in the near future.
Posting to PO Boxes
NZ Post and CourierPost deliver to both PO Boxes and street addresses.
What if there is a problem with delivery or items?
Our returns policy
Most items can be returned for a full refund (less shipping charges) within 30 days of shipping. They must be in new condition, factory sealed and unused. Please return the item with a copy of the order confirmation email you received when placing your order and the reason it has been returned.
For your protection, you may wish to send your return via insured parcel post.
If you have received a faulty item, you can return your purchase for a replacement or full refund. Please contact us before returning your item to us.
Parcels damaged in transit
If your parcel has been damaged in transit we will be happy to replace your items at no cost. You must keep the original packaging and any documentation.
Please contact us and we'll arrange for your parcel (with the original packaging) to be returned and a new item to be sent.
If you believe you are missing items from your order please contact us as soon as possible within 7 days. We'll investigate and get back to you.
Incorrect items sent
If you’ve received the wrong item(s), please contact us within seven days. Bookaholics will dispatch the correct item and include a courier satchel or ticket so you can return the incorrect item to us. When you return the item please include your name, address and order number. Returned items must be unopened and in a brand new condition.
Receiving your refund
Refunds are usually processed within 2-3 working days, but please allow up to 5 working days before contacting us if it hasn't been received. If you haven't received a refund, please check that the original charge was processed.
What’s in My Account?
Access My Account information
You need to login to the Bookaholics website to view My Account. Just click Please Login in the Shopping Basket area.
With My Account you can:
· View your previous orders.
· View or change your account information.
· View or change entries in your address book.
· Change your account password.
· Subscribe or unsubscribe from newsletters.
Once you’ve created an account, all you have to do is enter your Bookaholics account name and password.
Click Please Login then click Forgot Your Password under the Returning Customer box. Enter your email address and we’ll email you a new password. Login using your new password and remember to change it to something you will remember.
Logging out from My Account
When using a public computer such as in a library or Internet cafe you may choose to log out before leaving the computer. To log out, click the Log Out link in the Shopping Basket area.
I’m not receiving any emails
If you don’t receive an email when you join Bookaholics or place an order then please check the following:
· Check your Junk or SPAM email folders for any Bookaholics emails. Return these to your inbox.
· Add email@example.com to your Safe Sender settings.
Can I get a tax invoice?
You can print a tax invoice by logging into My Account. Your order email will also contain a link to the relevant invoice which you can print.
What if the book becomes unavailable?
From time-to-time, we may be unable to supply the book you’ve ordered. This could be due to our suppliers no longer holding that title or a mistake on our website. In either case we will contact you immediately by email to advise you of the problem. If we can supply the book at a later date we’ll give you the option to continue waiting for the book or to cancel your order.
Can I get large print books?
Large print books are great for vision-impaired people or those who suffer from eye strain. If you’d like us to order a large print edition of any book, please contact us and we'll advise you of options and costs.
Can I get audio books?
If you’d like us to order an audio book, please contact us and we'll advise you of options and costs.
How is my personal information protected?
How do I identify phishing or spoofed emails?
Bookaholics will never ask you for the following information in an email:
· Your credit card number, PIN number, or credit card security code (including "updates" to any of the above)
· Your mother's maiden name
· Your Bookaholics password
If you place an order containing incorrect information, you may receive an email from Bookaholics giving you the opportunity to correct your shipping/billing information. If this happens, you'll need to log into the Bookaholics website and update this information. Never send this information in an email.